Your basket is currently empty!
As a busy entrepreneur you may be thinking what can a web designer do for me?Is it worth hiring in that kind of expertise or can i do it myself? We get it the balance between managing time, skills and funds is a big consideration. This article explores how a web designer can can help you reach your online goals and objectives faster.
First lets explores some of the services that a web designer can offer:
- Website design and development: First and foremost a web designer can help you create a visually appealing and user-friendly website that accurately represents your brand and meets your business needs.
- User experience design (aka UX): They will also be able to help you optimise your website to provide the best possible user experience for your customer. They will think through the layout to ensure easy navigation.
- Responsive design: We live in a world we the internet can be accessed from almost everywhere, smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktops. You’ll need a website that not only looks great but that actually works well on all devices. A web designer can help you achieve this.
- E-commerce: If you are going to retail online then you’ll need specialist E-commerce functionality, a web designer can help you create an online store that is easy to use, is optimised to support sales goals like upselling or crossselling and is secure.
- Graphic design: Of course its one thing planning out a web page but quite another to make it visibly enticing and captivating enough that you customer is drawn in and stays. A web designer can provide custom graphics, logos, and images to enhance the visual appeal of your website.
- Search engine optimisation (aka SEO): It is every bit as techy as it sounds. You can learn SEO and access tools that’ll help you improve your rankings but that will take a considerable time. Good SEO can help you improve your website’s ranking on search engines like Google, making it easier for people to find your site and organically increase traffic to your site.
- Website maintenance and updates: Getting your new site live is exciting, but the online world moves a pace. A web designer can help you keep your website up-to-date with the latest security and performance updates, as well as make changes and updates to your site’s content as needed so it works as well in the future as it did on day one.
Indeed, a web designer can help you create an effective online presence that helps you achieve your goals and reach your target audience. If it isn’t your natural strength then making an investment in this area of your business would be worthwhile and set you on the right foot from the start.
What are the benefits of having a website? Is it worth the investment?
So you may have made a decision on who should build your site but perhaps still weighing up the pros and cons of having a website at all. Lets break it down:
- Presence: A website provides a business with an online presence, allowing them to reach a wider audience and connect with customers 24/7.
- Marketing: Websites can be used as a marketing tool, allowing businesses to showcase their products and services, and provide information about their brand.
- Credibility: A professional website can help a business establish credibility and legitimacy in the eyes of potential customers.
- Customer engagement: Websites allow businesses to interact with customers and provide them with a convenient and accessible way to learn about the company and its offerings.
- E-commerce: Many businesses use their websites to sell products and services online, reaching a global market and expanding their customer base.
- Analytics: Website analytics tools can provide valuable insights into the behavior of visitors, allowing businesses to make data-driven decisions and optimize their online presence.
- Cost-effective: Having a website can be a cost-effective way for businesses to reach a large audience and connect with customers, compared to traditional marketing methods.
Choosing a web designer versus doing it yourself
Whether or not to pay someone to build a website for your business depends on your goals, budget, and technical expertise.
If you have the technical expertise and time to build a website, you may choose to do it yourself. There are many website builders available that can help you create a website quickly and easily without needing coding skills.
However, if you lack the technical expertise or time, paying someone to build a website for you can be a good investment. A professional web developer or designer can create a website that is tailored to your needs and preferences, and can help you ensure that your website is user-friendly and optimized for search engines.
When choosing a web developer, it’s important to consider their experience, portfolio, and pricing. Look for a developer who has experience in building websites for businesses similar to yours and has a portfolio that demonstrates their skills, take a look at our work. Compare pricing from different developers to ensure that you are getting a fair deal.
Ultimately, the decision to pay someone to build a website for your business should be based on your individual circumstances and needs.
Find out more about our website packages.
Have a question? Drop us a whatsapp message or complete the contact form below:
Copy Credit: Marvellous Marketer generated this text in part with GPT-3, OpenAI’s large-scale language-generation model. Upon generating draft language, we reviewed, edited, and revised the language to read in our tone of voice and to layer in our expertise. Image Credit: Pexels